# blockattack-game ![Build status](https://github.com/blockattack/blockattack-game/actions/workflows/main.yml/badge.svg) [![Codacy Badge](https://app.codacy.com/project/badge/Grade/044d09ab34be4a1fa93e31d9585adacf)](https://www.codacy.com/gh/blockattack/blockattack-game/dashboard?utm_source=github.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=blockattack/blockattack-game&utm_campaign=Badge_Grade) [![license](https://img.shields.io/github/license/blockattack/blockattack-game.svg)]()
Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - the game<br/>
A Tetris Attack Clone under the GPL.
## Screen shot
![Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks](https://blockattack.github.io/images/screenshots/blockattack-2.3.0-3.png "Screen shot")
* A version of g++ with C++11 support. Tested on g++-4.9
* libboost (only needed for compiling)
The only supported build method is using the CMake<br/>
To build do:
# cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .
# cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
The result should be in the "Game"-folder. To run
You can also choose to install it with
sudo make install
Windows build uses MXE (mxe.cc) and Docker. See "Building with Docker".
## Building using Docker
As getting a C++ project with many dependencies to compile can be a daunting task then I have provided a couple of Docker images that can perform a build. Both for Windows and Linux.
The project should at all time be able to compile on the oldest and latest supported version of Ubuntu. This is tested with Docker.
On a fresh checkout you can use:
docker build -f source/misc/docker/Dockerfile.Ubuntu18.04build . -t blockattack_test
docker build -f source/misc/docker/Dockerfile.WindoesBuild . -t blockattack_test
## Source Structure
This project is a bit unconventional because I didn't know any better at the time.
* Game - The output is placed here
* man - The manual file and the script to generate it. May be moved to source/misc at some point
* source/code/ - The source code
* source/code/Libs - External libs that are compiled into the project because they are either header only (Cereal) or not designed for use as a shared library.
* source/code/sago - Source code. Not designed to be specific to Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks
* source/assets - Source for the assets if relevant. For instance svg source for the graphics.
* source/misc - Misc stuff. Code related tool that are used for development but not part of the final product.
* source/misc/astyle - Helper script that enforces code style using the "astyle"-program
* source/misc/docker - Docker files used by Travis CI (but can just as well be used for local testing and release builds)
* source/misc/embedded_libs - Contains dependencies not present on all supported systems
* source/misc/icons - Icons for the installer
* source/misc/screenshots - Screen shots like the one in this README file.
* source/misc/translation - Translations and related tools and scripts
* windows installer - Information needed to Windows installer. May be moved to source/misc at some point
## Reporting bugs
Please report bugs on github: <https://github.com/blockattack/blockattack-game/issues>
If possible: Check if the bug is already fixed in master. But if you don't know how to check it then just report it.
Contributions are welcome. See CONTRIBUTING.md for details.