.. image:: https://img.shields.io/pypi/v/cherrypy.svg
.. image:: https://readthedocs.org/projects/cherrypy/badge/?version=latest
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/travis/cherrypy/cherrypy/master.svg?label=Linux%20build%20%40%20Travis%20CI
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/appveyor/ci/jaraco/cherrypy/master.svg?label=Windows%20build%20%40%20Appveyor
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/pypi/pyversions/cherrypy.svg
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/pypi/dm/cherrypy.svg
.. image:: https://api.codacy.com/project/badge/Grade/48b11060b5d249dc86e52dac2be2c715
Welcome to the GitHub repository of `CherryPy <http://cherrypy.org/>`_!
CherryPy is a pythonic, object-oriented HTTP framework.
1. It allows building web applications in much the same way one would
build any other object-oriented program.
2. This design results in less and more readable code being developed faster.
It's all just properties and methods.
3. It is now more than ten years old and has proven fast and very
4. It is being used in production by many sites, from the simplest to
the most demanding.
5. And perhaps most importantly, it is fun to work with :-)
Here's how easy it is to write "Hello World" in CherryPy:
.. code:: python
return "Hello World!"
And it continues to work that intuitively when systems grow, allowing
for the Python object model to be dynamically presented as a web site
While CherryPy is one of the easiest and most intuitive frameworks out
there, the prerequisite for understanding the `CherryPy
documentation <http://docs.cherrypy.org/en/latest/>`_ is that you have
a general understanding of Python and web development.
- Tutorials are included in the repository:
- A general wiki at(will be moved to github):
- Plugins are described at: http://tools.cherrypy.org/
If the docs are insufficient to address your needs, the CherryPy
community has several `avenues for support
Please follow the `contribution guidelines
And by all means, absorb the `Zen of