fcitx-table-extra for Debian
There are several data files in this source package, the license of
them might be something confusing many people. These data files were
having their patents, but they were either released by the original
author (and the patent holder) into Public Domain (Cangjie), or the
patents had expired for several years. We are providing clean-room
re-generated data files using their ideas (which is not copyrightable,
and obviously not infringing expired patents).
* Array*: released to public domain by original authoer
- Ref (Chinese): http://www.array.com.tw/BOX/BOX5.htm
* Boshiamy: 122588, expected to be expired in 2003, but actually
expired in 1992 because of not paying patent fees for more than
- Ref (Chinese): http://terryhung.pixnet.net/blog/post/24973556
* Cangjie*: 027984, expired in 1989, released to public domain by
original author in 1982.
- Ref (Chinese): http://cbflabs.com/?id=12
* Easy: GPL-2+, also referenced in debian/copyright
- Ref (Chinese): http://homepage.mac.com/eshen/ez/ezgpl.html
* Jyutping: Public Domain, developed and released by Linguistic
Society of Hong Kong (LSHK) in 1993.
- Ref (Chinese): http://www.lshk.org/cantonese.php
* Quick*: directly derived from Cangjie* and put into Public Domain.
* scj6: GPL-3, also referenced in debian/copyright
- Ref: http://download.scj2000.net/src/COPYING
* Stroke5: GPL-2+, also referenced in debian/copyright
- Ref: http://code.google.com/p/ibus/wiki/ChineseTableLicenseAuditing
* Wu: GPL-2+, also referenced in debian/copyright
- Ref: http://input.foruto.com/wu/index.html
* Zhengma: CN1043210 (89108851.2), expired in 2009.
- Ref (Chinese): http://www.china-e.com.cn/main/zhengma/jj.htm
Clean room implementation of common tables:
(BIG-5 encoded Chinese and English text)
(outdated on expiration info)
The binary packages are not arch-all because there is endianness
issue with these data files.
-- Aron Xu <email@example.com> Tue, 04 May 2012 00:39:30 +0800