# JackTrip is a Linux, Mac OSX, or Windows multi-machine audio system used for network music performance over the Internet.
It supports any number of channels (as many as the computer/network can handle) of bidirectional, high quality, uncompressed audio signal streaming.
You can use it between any combination of machines e.g., one end using Linux can connect to another using Mac OSX.
## Linux ##
Linux installation instructions can be found in INSTALL.txt in the src directory of the project.
## OSX or Windows ##
Installers and executables are the easiest way to install Jacktrip.
OSX installer or executable: https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/jacktrip/osx/index.html
- Temporary [link](https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb7vh9oiew50cm6/jacktrip-macos-installer-x64-1.2.1.pkg?dl=0) to JackTrip 1.2.1 installer (see more details [here](https://github.com/jacktrip/jacktrip/issues/158#issuecomment-699215590))
Windows installer or executable: https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/jacktrip/windows/index.html
To keep up with the latest changes, both experimental and stable, follow instructions to compile from source in INSTALL.txt in the src directory of the project.
# Raspberry Pi
[paper](https://lac.linuxaudio.org/2019/doc/chafe2.pdf) accompanying jacktrip demo at [Linux Audio Conference 2019](https://lac.linuxaudio.org/2019/)
# Other Repos
jacktrip (1.0) was released on google code. When that shut down, it migrated to github (1.05, 1.1).
It then moved to the CCRMA's cm-gitlab for version 1.2.
And as of spring 2020 it moved back to GitHub for the current development.
## Links ##
* Preliminary [Documentation](http://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/soundwire/software/jacktrip/) and [API](http://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/soundwire/software/jacktrip/annotated.html).
* Subscribe to the [Mailing List](http://groups.google.com/group/jacktrip-users).
* [SoundWIRE group](http://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/soundwire/).
* [Juan-Pablo Caceres](https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jcaceres/).
## Related Software ##
[JMess](https://github.com/jcacerec/jmess-jack): A utility to save your audio connections (mess).